INPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS
BEFORE INSTALLING A SEWAGE DISPOSAL SYSTEM OR MAKING ANY IMPROVEMENTS TO PROPERTY, IT IS THE LANDOWNER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO VERIFY THAT ANY PROPOSED IMPROVEMENTS COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS, RULES, AND REGULATIONS CONCERNING LAND USE, ZONING, SUBDIVISION, EROSION CONTROL, FLOOD DAMAGE PREVENTION, WETLAND REGULATIONS AND ANY OTHER LAND DEVELOPMENT RESTRICTIONS.
A VALID CONSTRUCTION AUTHORIZATION AND IMPROVEMENT PERMIT FOR THE SPECIFIED USE OF THE PROPERTY MUST BE OBTAINED PRIOR TO ISSUANCE OF ANY BUILDING OR ELECTRICAL PERMITS. THE CONSTRUCTION AUTHORIZATION IS VALID FOR A MAXIMUM OF FIVE (5) YEARS FROM THE DATE IT IS ISSUED OR UPON EXPIRATION OF THE IMPROVEMENT PERMIT IT IS ISSUED FOR. IMPROVEMENT PERMITS AND CONSTRUCTION AUTHORIZATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO REVOCATION IF THE INTENDED USE OF THE PROPERTY OR CONSTRUCTION PLANS CHANGE.
THE SIGNED APPLICATION AUTHORIZES COUNTY AND STATE OFFICIALS RIGHT OF ENTRY TO CONDUCT NECESSARY INSPECTIONS.
· Applications signed by any person other than the legal owner of the property must complete the
Designation of Legal Representation form and must attach the form to the application.
*** All Attachments will be requested with the application, after the electronic signature.
REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO SITE VISIT
Prior to a site visit by an environmental health specialist, the applicant is responsible for
1) Clearly mark the location of property boundaries.
2) Stake the corners of all proposed structures and outbuildings, etc. Mark the location
of driveways and swimming pools in a similar way.
3) Make the property accessible for evaluation (this may require clearing undergrowth).
4) Dig a minimum of three (3) holes about fifty (50) feet apart in a triangular formation in
the proposed septic system location. The holes should be a minimum of six (6) inches
in diameter and twenty-four (24) inches deep. Additional holes or the assistance of a
backhoe may be required.
5) Post the attached notice at the property to be evaluated in a place that is visible from
the entrance to the property. The notice can be placed in a gallon size ziploc bag to
protect it from rain.
6) Call (after the above steps have been completed) 910-947-6283 between the hours
of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to speak with one of our office assistants or simply reply to
the follow-up email that will be sent once we receive your application. Please keep in
mind that a revisit fee of $100 will be charged if a site visit is made and the site is not
* APPLICATIONS MAY BE EMAILED OR FAXED TO CENTRAL PERMITTING OR COMPLETED
ONLINE. PHONE: 910-947-2221. FAX: 910-947-1303.
* APPLICATION FEES MAY BE COMPLETED ONLINE, BY MAIL, OR IN PERSON
- ONLINE AT HTTPS://MOORECOUNTYNC.GOV/PAY (Updated 6:00 PM, Monday thru Friday)
- MAILED TO CENTRAL PERMITTING, P.O. BOX 905, CARTHAGE, N.C. 28327
- DELIVERED TO THE OFFICE AT 1048 CARRIAGE OAKS DRIVE, CARTHAGE.
* ALL FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AFTER NINETY (90) DAYS OR AFTER VISIT TO THE
PROPERTY HAS BEEN MADE.
* APPLICATIONS ARE PROCESSED ON A FIRST COME/FIRST SERVED BASIS. IF YOUR TURN
COMES AND THE ABOVE HAS NOT BEEN COMPLETED, THE NEXT APPLICATION IN LINE WILL